Thursday, October 26, 2006

Pumpkin Pickin'

Not long ago, we took a trip to Michigan and drove through Wisconsin on the way. It has been years since we took the kids - our fall outings as they were growing up were more focused on apple picking because of the thrill of heights for our young climbers. However, when we drove by this patch in Wisconsin, I requested we stop!! As we drove the road leading to the farm, we noticed no one around. Instead, these Wisconsinites (Wisconsinonians?? Wisconsinairrres???) left the sign for us to pay using the honor system. It would have been fun to pose my beloved amongst the pumpkins piled according to price, but my 50+ spouse wouldn't have that...young parents out there, take note! Get the pictures while you can!!!!!! And, by the way, the white warty pumpkins are my favorites.

2 comments:

Jed and Anne said...

This looks great mom! Wow, you are so saavy, and I am proud of you! I love the pictures and the little story about dad. It sounds like you had quite a time that weekend. I love you!

Cherith said...

Welcome to the world wide web, Deb. Love what you've done with the place!

P.S. We know you love Wes, but perhaps your description of him (white warty ones?) is the reason he won't pose for a pic! :)