Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Prom Season

We have once again had a lovely time at what some call The Swedish Prom. (In other words, the annual Swedish Covenant Hospital Benefit Dinner.) This year we were again the guests of Diann and Larry at the gala held at the Palmer House in downtown Chicago.
How I love seeing women in their dress attire - be it pantsuits with sparkling jackets or skimpy "little black dresses" and men in their tuxedo suits.
I love the floral arrangements on the tables.
I love the printed keepsake menus on vellum paper and finding out that the soup served will be Sweet Potato and Red Pepper Soup.
I love seeing a former favorite news broadcaster as Master of Ceremonies (Bill Kurtis).
And I love, love, love the desserts.
But what I love most about this prom night is spending time with family and friends AND DANCING!!!!
We're certainly no Dancing With the Stars stars, but we certainly know how to have fun! Thanks, D and L for another wonderful evening together!

1 comment:

Lindahl News 2 said...

Thanks for commenting on FB, Jan, Sharon and Kass! It WAS fun!