Thursday, March 22, 2007

It's Her Party...Happy Birthday, Sis!

Celebrating our birthdays together is very important to the both of us. You see, our Mom was not one who made much of a big deal of birthdays as we were growing up. We were allowed ONE party with our friends during the years birth to college...ONE! We did get to choose our yearly birthday meal, however, and Mom would cook that for us as well as a baking a cake. But now that we are big girls, we want to party, party, party! We choose a theme for the gifts we give (she did gifts with a TIME theme for my past birthday, and I did her theme of SLEEPOVERS- and what might be needed for them including fancy pj's, a Dreamgirls CD, the book SLEEPING BEAUTY, a sleepover kit, etc.) We had a blast of a time, and yes, it did turn into a sleepover! Surprise!! My sis requested going to a movie before eating. We saw BECAUSE I SAID SO and it was so-so. (A note to Anne here: please let me know if I ever go too far with smothering mothering!) Dinner out at La Sorella was delicious, topped by a delectable chocolate oooh-it's- so-good birthday cakette. And singing! Here she is with all her goodies! Ain't she sumthin'? (Any readers of this blog are encouraged at this point to post a little note of birthday cheer right here on my spot...I know she reads this and would get a kick out of being remembered by those near and far!) Happy Birthday, Sis! I love you!

7 comments:

Jed and Anne said...

Wow! What a fun night! You and Diann are lucky to have each other as sisters! Happy Birthday, Aunt Diann!

Jed and Anne said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
simplicity said...

Happy Birthday Diann! I met you in Sweden with Anne long ago! Hope your day was FABULOUS!

I LOVE birthdays! :)

(Deb, you are so great. Love how you celebrate those that you love.)

Linnea said...

Happy Birthday Aunt Diann! I LOVE the sleepover jammies! It looks like you guys had a wonderful time.

Linnea said...

Happy Birthday Aunt Diann! I LOVE the sleepover jammies! It looks like you guys had a wonderful time.

Cherith said...

She's sumthin', indeed, Deb. The best mother-in-law I've EVER had! :)

Lindahl News 2 said...

Hey Sis! I am so happy to hear that your REAL birthday was spent with good friends at a place near and dear to your heart! You deserve happy times and wonderful memories! I am missing you...