Thursday, October 09, 2008

The Pink Suitcase Chronicles #10: Goin' South

A while back when Wes told me he had a conference coming up in Orlando, Florida and asked me if I would like to join him my answer was, "Yes!!" My suitcase had never made a trip there, so Pink agreed once again to be my traveling companion. We're getting pretty good at this by now, and the convenience of traveling with carry-on luggage in these times is working out well. By now, I have figured out where everything should be tucked in all the many zippered places and pockets. This is where we stayed...I have never seen anything like it! It was giganormous with several hotel buildings connected with high glass ceilings over all...sort of a cross between Embassy Suites, Casa Bonita and Botanic Gardens. Waterfalls, rock formations, palm trees and exotic plants everywhere plus a schooner ship in a bay with live fish and sea creatures and, in another area, an alligator (live!) pond and environment. Come on along and I'll take you on a walking tour of the place! Did I mention this place also had many shops and restaurants? Guess what we bought at this place? You'll find out in the next post. We sure had a lot of fun, and earned our "ears" if you catch the hint...

5 comments:

Linnea said...

Wow! Other than my mild alligator-phobia, that looks pretty mind-blowing...and like a great place to be while they're predicting our first snow this weekend. :(

Melissa said...

How fun!!! We researched whether tht chain of hotels might be a good fit for our work event. Sadly the answer was no, but I'd still like to get there sometime...most likely to the Opryland location!

simplicity said...

Whoa! WHat a fancy, schmancy place! :) Glad you had another fun adventure!

Lindahl News 2 said...

Linnea, the snow prediction made it our our newscast here. Did anythin come of it? Yipes!

Melissa, my sis has been to the Opryland location and said it was quite amazing, too. Just think, in your NEW life, you won't have to be scouting out hotel locations...or will you if you become a Chef to the Stars???

Simplicity, it WAS fancy schmancy and a place we'd have never gone to on our own. Surely was fun, though!

Katherine Nicole Therese said...

So I'm just now catching up on your blog and I stayed at a similar Gaylord in Grapevine, Texas for a Conference. It's like a whole other world inside the resort! Looks like a lot of fun!