Friday, April 09, 2010

Our Little Chicklet (Copycat Challenge #17)

Having a baby in our lives at Eastertime was so very special that I knew I had to make a little scrapbook about the event of Ellie wearing her first "fancy" dress, receiving her first Easter basket, and donning her first pair of bunny ears! She's our sweetie pie chicklet, that's for sure! So, when I saw the Chicklet on pgs. 74 and 75 in the Blanket Statement book by Vicki Haninger, I knew just how I'd tweak it into a project for a scrapbook.
I simply used the pattern flat without making a back side. I then cut a square smack dab in the middle of the chicklet to fit the size of a pre-made, open-windowed scrapbook from Target. Blanket stitches were made around the square as well as the outside edges of the chicklet.
What I love about this little cherub peeking out from the cover is that when you open up the book, you get the full mohawk look --- that baby has some serious hair going on here!
If you check out the top right corner of this page, you can see that the chicklet has been reduced in size, printed on cardstock with a window for journaling inside the square. A little sticker jewel was used for the eye.
Other supplies used: chipboard buttons from a Joann's pack,
miscellaneous stickers from my stash, embroidery floss, scrapbook
papers from my stash. I didn't have the striped paper from the cover, so I just photocopied the back side of the photo album to get some.
Aunt Margene loved meeting her Great Great Niece. (Again, journaling through the photo-copied square window.)
May I just say working with this little two-and-a-half month chicklet and using springy colors of green, pink and orange really helped to displace the gloomy snow showers we had yesterday? Ah, Spring. Ahhh, Ellie!

4 comments:

Anne Bassett said...

SO cute! I got to see this in person today - fabulous job!

Lindahl News 2 said...

Anne, I was hoping you would see it - I left it in a prominent spot!

oatley said...

What an adorable album! Years from now you will all look back at these pictures and have fond memories. How sweet the pictures with bunny ears and flower for head pieces.

____ said...

Cute, cute and cute!