Monday, July 02, 2012

Speedometer Rollover






It was a red letter day
for my over-a-decade-old
red car! 

Take a look at the milestone as shown on the dashboard speedometer
mileage calculator. That's a lot of zeroes, and a lot of miles!

In this car, I have driven my kids to and from school and college.

In this car, I have driven my now deceased mother to her doctor
appointments and out to eat and shop.

In this car, I have been driven by (and with) my husband to destinations
around the country.

In this car, I have filled up the trunk with groceries, purchases and
"found" treasures.

In this car, I have toted the most precious cargo in a carseat behind me.

In this car, I have listened to so many hours of music of my choosing.

In this car, I have had an accident that was my fault; witnessed
by Miss E (repeating the sequence of events to this day) and John and Kari
as they pulled up behind us.

Way to go, you beautiful 2000 red Taurus, you!



No comments: