Sunday, January 25, 2009

Free For the Asking

Yesterday marked the final phase in clearing out Mom's storage area. We have been working on this for quite a while now. Decisions have been made, donations have been given and treasures have been saved. Yet, somehow, I just couldn't bear to give the contents of Mom's embroidery bag to Goodwill, and neither my sister nor myself wanted to finish these undone projects of Mom's. She LOVED to start projects (finishing many of them) and these were the ones left undone...each with her stitches started. You, dear reader, may take on her projects as your own! Look at the projects below, and if you are interested in having me mail it to you, I will - and I'll pay the postage so you have nothing to pay. Such a deal! Just tell me the # you'd like and make sure I get your address if I don't have it already. First come, first choice...unless you are a Grandchild or relative of Mom's, then you get cut-to-the-front-of-the-line status. (Sorry, the standing bag stays with me - love the retro pattern!)
#1.

This is nearly completed and has pretty butterflies yet to be embroidered on it.

#2.

Two rose x-stitched blocks with NO embroidery floss included. Sweet for Valentine's Day craft and could make two matching pillows with these squares.

#3.

This is on the larger size, but cute as all get-out!

#4.

This is a small piece, so could be completed lickety split! An apple a day for a teacher in your life? #5.

Cross stitchers take note!

#6.

Look at the organization of the yarns on this one - all labeled so you don't even have to think!

#7. Not even one stitch has been taken on this pre-printed fabric, but it sure is a classic you could enjoy stitching on.

There you have it. Please let me know by Valentine's Day. Mom would sure get a kick out of knowing her work would be completed someday.

9 comments:

Melissa said...

I always talk about how I don't have a sewing machine, don't know how to crochet...but want to get into some "stitchy" crafts nonetheless! Perhaps the sentimental value would give me added momentum to try my hand at cross-stitch. It would be an honor, that's for sure! (Providing there aren't any family members already clamoring for these treasures.)

Lindahl News 2 said...

Melissa, I would be THRILLED if you would take one of the kits...or more if no one else is so inclined! Do have have a number choice? Please let me know!

Melissa said...

Hmmm, how about Number 6 or Number 1? And instead of mailing it to me, perhaps we can FINALLY get together in person for the exchange? :)

Linnea said...

Those are so neat. I wish I were more crafty, then I'd take advantage of "cut in front of the line" status. Deb, will you get photos of finished projects and post them? I think #1 will be especially pretty with those butterflies done!

Jeanne said...

Deb,

I do embroidery and a little cross stitch. I would love to start or finish at least one of these

Lindahl News 2 said...

Thanks all for your comments! Just what I was hoping for!

Just to clarify: once you get a kit it is yours to complete and KEEP. Linnea has a great idea for
posting pictures of completed projects back here on my blog and I will do that if you send me a picture. Thanks for suggesting this, Linnea.

For those of you who knew Mom, she had a funny little "raspberry" sound she would make when she responded to what she thought was
"foolishness." She'd be making that sound now regarding this particular fuss over her projects shown in my blog - all whilst showing a BIG smile.

You folks have touched my heart. And, remember the "request line" is still open until Valentine's Day!

Linnea said...

Ha! I can hear Grandma's "phttt!" noise now! "such a fuss over those old things...." I imagine she'd say. I can't wait to see what becomes of them!

____ said...

What a lovely idea, Deb! I wish I could have known your Mom a little longer... the only one time I met her she made me laugh many times and we still talk about it as we remember her.

simplicity said...

Is #3 still up for the taking? Would an amatuer like me be able to handle it?