Monday, March 30, 2009

All is Groovy! (Happy B-Day, Sis!)

Today is the real-deal day!
When Diann told me a while back that she was dreading her milestone birthday, I decided her gift theme needed to be based upon the 1967 song the Harpers Bizarre group made popular. (Later made even more popular by Simon and Garfunkle.) With Google Search images of girls wearing go-go boots and mini skirts, a face picture of Diann, a color printer and some scissors, the first thing I did was make groovy paper dolls of Diann feelin' groovy herself!
Feelin' Groovy LYRICS
Slow down, you move too fast, you've got to make the morning last
Just kickin' down the cobble-stones, lookin' for fun and feelin' groovy Feeling groovy
This gift involved a little birthday cake -
a lasting one - and some Boston Baked Beans candy.
That candy is one of her favorites and looks a lot like cobble stones!
Hello lamp-post, what's cha knowing, I've come to watch your flowers growin'
Ain't cha got no rhymes for me, do-it-do-do, feelin' groovy Feeling groovy
Because this verse had the word 'watch'
she received a watch!
I've got no deeds to do, no promises to keep I'm dappled and drowsy and ready to sleep
Let the morning time drop all its petals on me Life I love you, all is groovy
And because 'drowsy and ready to sleep' was
in the verse the gift was a nightgown.
The last gift was one that was the most fun...a book made of 6o memories we shared -
and it still wasn't long enough to celebrate all the reasons she makes the world a much groovier place by simply being in it...Happy Birthday, Diann! May it be your best year ever..and might I say you still look
quite young in those go-go boots and mini dresses?

3 comments:

Melissa said...

Aren't sisters the best?! Mine isn't related by blood but sometimes we don't even remember that fact.

Happy birthday, Diann!

Lindahl News 2 said...

Melissa, they ARE the best and I am so glad you have one even if not related by blood!

____ said...

What a fun gift to give! You are so very creative, Deb!
And yes, Happy Birthday dear Diann!