Friday, March 02, 2012

Still in Disbelief

Though it has been one week since Rollie (pictured on far right) passed away, I am still in disbelief that this special man is no longer with us here on earth.
He was very much like a member of our extended family.
He was my (dipping and spinning) dancing partner at dress-up events and parties.
He was a friend of my beloved father, and would give me hugs saying, "This is in place of your father --- and not a Lutheran hug." At just the same height as Dad, it would truly feel like a moment of him being with me again.
He looked out for my own children when they were younger and was very much a presence in their lives - and hearts - as well.
He appreciated Wes and vice versa.
His grandson, Alex, is one of John's best friends.
I taught two of his Grandchildren back in the LCNS days.
His Grand-daughter, Heather, went to Prom with John back in the LHS days.
He was a special friend to my sister and her family.
My library friends knew him from Farmer's Market as my special friend.
His wife, Janis, is about the coolest woman I know and could only hope to emulate as I age.
My heart breaks for her incredible loss.
His family has grown from his to his and hers and all are one family now. And my heart breaks for them as well.
Rollie, know that I will always remember you.
Heaven's even a better place now with you there.

3 comments:

simplicity said...

Oh Deb, I am so sorry. Never any good words to share in times like this. Peace to this wonderful man's memory.

Lindahl News 2 said...

Thanks, Samara. He was so dear to us. Just as I remember a certain teacher was to you. Peace.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.