Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Peak-qual Time

Because my last post featured time with my sister, I thought this one should feature my brother, Duane. Equal time = Peak-qual time. Duane is a free-spirited adventurer who lives in Colorado. The peaks are his friends and he has met many of them. I admire his stamina and determination for climbing multiple "Thirteeners" and this is his latest climb sent to me yesterday via email. His words explain best his latest conquer, so I am directly quoting him:
"Here are a couple of pictures you might enjoy. Lizard Head is 13,113 feet tall, and is arguably the hardest climb in the Rocky Mountains. This picture shows why.
We climbed directly up the side of the mountain shown on the left side of the bottom half, and up the middle on the top point above the little ramp. The rappel I told you about that was so airy was just right of the center between the two summit bumps, where the face is red and sheer. Not bad for a middle-aged man!" When shown up close, Duane's face is just radiant. I love his passion for living a life embracing nature and the environment!

3 comments:

____ said...

Isn`t it wonderful that he does for his job what he LOVES the most? Duane is just sooo sweet! We talked on the phone yesterday. We are eager to see him soon, he hasn`t had the chance to meet our Little Man yet...

By the way Deb, the Diaper Diaries are about to return soon, we just have been busy on the weekends, had no time to update but it is coming :) Will is doing great and growing!

Jed and Anne said...

That is cool that he shared a piece of his adventures with us in blog-world. He does look really happy, and I am glad that he is able to do what it is that he loves. Way to go, Duane!

Linnea said...

I know you've been encouraging him to start his own blog...but in the meantime, it's fun to see his pictures posted!