Sunday, October 17, 2010

This is REALLY It! (Copycat Challenge finale)

Done. Done. Done. And this is the green woolly "group" all gathered together for one last parting shot.It has simply been the best experience to make these items over the past year. In fact, I would highly encourage you to find a book you really like - be it a recipe book, a craft book, a non-fiction topic book and take a year to take your time to explore its subject.
I wish to thank Vicki Haninger for her inspiration - and her wonderful book. I wish to thank Anne and Jed for giving me a grand-daughter as my recipient/muse for these projects. I wish to thank those of you who humored me along the way by asking how the project was going and reading/commenting on this blog.
In the meantime, Vicki has written yet another book called Embroidery Craft: Stitching Through the Seasons. Bless her heart; she sent me a copy with a personalized note! Yes, I will enjoy making some of these cute-oh-so-cute projects, but am putting this blogging to bed! Good night. Stitch tight.

6 comments:

oatley said...

Deb, you are the craftiest person I know! I have thoroughly enjoyed viewing your "challenge" and your own added creative twist to the endeavor. Miss E is one lucky little girl to be the recipient of such treaures. Thanks for sharing! Love, Sani

Libertyville History Blogger said...

What an incredible year this project has made for you. It was such fun to make this journey with you. Was Bella your favorite project? I think I will always have a soft spot in my heart for Polly, Molly, and Dolly! Congratulations on a great, crafty year!

Libertyville History Blogger said...

I'll bring a treat to celebrate on Tuesday night! Any requests?

Lindahl News 2 said...

Sandi, thsnks so much! You certainly could take on a project like this, too, with your stitching capabilities. And, I did get your Skype question and I think we should try it~

Sonia, you are so sweet...literally! Maybe we can wait a week - I'll explain Tuesday at work. Then, I could bring in Bella to "party" with us.

Yes, Bella is my fave, but the mice girls are right up there!

Melissa said...

You. Are. AMAZING!

Kristin said...

Wow! I am so impressed with you and the projects look amazing! Your granddaughter is one lucky lady. :) Congrats on finishing your challenge.