Tuesday, August 07, 2007

The Good and the Bad

So, this is what it is: just a bad day. It could be much, much worse. Tomorrow is a new day.
But, for now, I just want to wallow a tad. And reflect on the good along with the bad...
The bad: a tremendous thunderstorm woke us up with booming and crashing at 3:05 AM.
The good: none of the lightning struck us!
The good: we had a pricey project to protect us from garage and basement flooding with a new
driveway and sidewalk installed late this spring with an underground piping system
to divert the water.
The bad: apparently the rain fell so fast and hard that leaves and grass clippings clogged the
drain and our garage and basement took in water...yuck!
The good: lately my Mom has been stable with her health and a recent eye surgery improved
her vision
The bad: she fell in her bathroom once again last evening
The good: I am so blessed to have someone like this person in my life. She's amazing!
The bad: she is dealing with a very persistent issue and it is causing her a lot of pain and
tears and I don't know how to make it "all better"
The good: The answer is no
The bad: The answer is no
P.S. I'll get back to being Pollyanna real soon!

2 comments:

simplicity said...

Reminds me of a song "Mama said there'd be days like this, there'd be days like this my mama said."

Sorry that your day has been less than pleasant. Here's to tomorrow. A new day, a fresh start, a blank slate.

Cudddle up with a good book, a cup of tea or coffee and relax.

Lindahl News 2 said...

If anyone wants to read a thought-provoking, touching piece about REAL trying times and situations and trying to find the good in them, please click on to the above person's current blog about Time.
Makes me feel humbled about writing a whining entry like this one...