Well, I just got "tagged" by Melissa and now I'm supposed to list 8 facts/habits about myself. Usually, I avoid anything having to do with chain-letter format because as I child, I was traumatized by a letter I got assuring me of grave danger (literally!) if I didn't send x amount of letters to x amount of friends within an alloted time. So, because M is a lovely person, I will do the 8 facts and hope she forgives me if I don't tag anyone in return! Hmmm.. here goes:
1. FACT: I have had broken collarbones 4 times:
- Falling down the stairs at age 3 or so.
- Falling out of bed at age 3 or so. Not long ago, my dear sister 'fessed up that she actually pushed me, and apologized profusely!
- Falling in the street gutter while flying a paper kite that I made in kindergarten.
- Practicing a cheerleading round-off while babysitting (8th grade). Humiliating!
2. HABIT: I almost always polish off my breakfast meal with a cookie.
3. FACT: My two computer addictions: blogging and Scrabble.
4. HABIT: My friend, Jan, and I go to a local thrift store almost every Thursday. Let's hear it for the Blue Smock!
5. FACT: I really truly worked for a multi-millionaire during the first year after college. I was a maid. His name was Lee Gould (Gould Coal and Oil) and his summer home was in/near Waupaca, WI. One of his best friends was Forrest Tucker (remember "F Troup"?) and another the guy who wrote I Left My Heart in San Francisco.
6. HABIT: I love to scrapbook!!
7. FACT: I am NOT a "foodie". Don't get me wrong, I love to go to nice restaurants and experience cuisine there. I mess around with new recipes, but I know some true foodies (Tracy, Jed, Carol) and I am NOT one of you!
8. HABIT: I write in a calendar journal every day, just so I can remember what happened and when. It's a good thing, too, because when I got a parking ticket violation from a city I had never even been to, I xeroxed that page in my journal stating where I was, and it got me off the ticket!